Today we are going to look at an action camera made by a company called GeekPro.
This 4K action camera by GeekPro, latest model being GeekPro EOV1 Plus, performs much more than I had expected with it’s price. This action camera is targetted for people ranging from those who want to record extreme sports to just everyday footages.
The market for action camera is becoming more competitive as various companies compete for customers by pulling down the price of their products. This is one company that I’d have to commend for their ability to sell this camera of this high quality at such a low price.
- Field of View: 170°. This field of view is pretty much like all actions cameras out in the market.
- Resolution: 4K at 25fps, 2.7K at 30fps, 1080p at 30fps, 60fps
- Image Resolution: 12M
- Waterproof: 30M(100 feet) underwater
- Built-in Wi-Fi. This feature allows the camera to be connected to the mobile app in your phone to change and control the various setting as well as to look at live footages of the camera.
- Dual Screen. This dual screen capability allows you to know what mode you are currently in and other basic functions such as the time, battery level, etc.
What’s included together with the Camera
- 1x Geekpro 4.0 action camera
1x Waterproof Housing
1x Carrying bag
1x Handle Bar/Pole Mount
1x Helmet Mounts
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual
1x Lens Cloth
These accessories will definitely meet majority if not all of the needs of newbies as well as camera enthusiasts. It also looks very similar to the Eken H9R‘s accessories.
2.4 GHz Remote Control
Oh, and about the remote control that comes with it, it is a 2.4 GHz frequency and it claims to be able to control it up to 30m(100ft) away from the camera but most users have tried and only found that its effective distance was between 15-20m. But still, it is a pretty handy tool when you have a monopod with you or want to take a selfie 5m away.
This remote control can also worn like a watch by adding the wrist strap and it is really helpful when controlling the camera from a distance. Oh one last thing.. it isn’t totally waterproof so don’t say I didn’t warn you. 😛
Pros VS Cons
- Cheap and affordable 4K action camera. I mean where else would you find something like that?!
- Video Quality is as they said, crisp and detailed
- Battery life is pretty decent at about 2 hours of filming per charge.
- Bag that comes with it is really useful to house all the accessories
- The camera’s video quality might drop if recorded directly under sunlight.
- Watch not that waterproof as they claimed.
I feel that it is a really one of the best if not the best cheap action camera as it packs so much into one small camera without compromising the quality of the content. So if you are not willing to spend a few hundred bucks on a Go-Pro give this a try, I am very sure you will like it.
If you have any questions or doubts regarding the Evo1 Plus or anything related to action cameras in general, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for dropping by! =)